The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #301
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
see if you can find a video of Minter v. Alabama and Teo v. Alabama...those lower profile games may tell you something
We already know how Te'o played that game. Obviously, the whole hoax thing could have been ****ing with his head. With that being said, Minter and Te'o both ended up with 3 solo tackles, however Te'o finished with 10 tackles and Minter 7. And that is with us knowing how bad Te'o played.

I took 2 of Minter's best games, and 2 of Te'o's best games (he had many more than Minter). They're both playing ranked team's and good competition... (with Te'o played higher ranked teams at that time).

I'm not sure why you would pick a game from Te'o where you know he played like **** and it could have easily been due to off field issues...

Last edited by Action; 01-20-2013 at 06:23 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #302
Action

2KBack, you really need to watch the tape. It's clear that you haven't.

The end of the Florida game, Minter's best statistical game... he gave up so many plays. The touchdown run he completely got taken out. And 2 chances he had an opportunity to tackle the runner short for a 1st down and he completely missed the tackle.

That's amongst all the other things he ****ed up during the game.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #303
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
2KBack, you really need to watch the tape. It's clear that you haven't.

The end of the Florida game, Minter's best statistical game... he gave up so many plays. The touchdown run he completely got taken out. And 2 chances he had an opportunity to tackle the runner short for a 1st down and he completely missed the tackle.

That's amongst all the other things he ****ed up during the game.
I did watch the tape and I am dumbfounded you are coming to the conclusion you did. Considering you are judging the players based on highlight films is pretty telling though.

I never said never missed a tackle, there's no player that has ever played that hasn't missed a tackle. I said doesn't miss tackles, as in is a sure and technically sound tackler. Meaning if he gets to the play, he brings the guy down more often than not. Something Mays, your comparison, does not. Something Teo failed miserably to do against Alabama. A team that LSU was 2 seconds from beating.

Here's a couple additional stats for you. Minter had 3 times the tackles for a loss that Teo did in 2012. Had the same amount of solo tackles, but was in on More plays (due to always being around the ball). Minter also had more sacks, and more passes defensed. Played in the SEC and played against superior competition. Oh yeah, and he's still a junior.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #304
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Do you think Te'o will be able to walk into any locker room and own it in the way that you need a middle linebacker to?
From day 1? Probably not. He's going to endure a lot of ball busting. The hazing will probably surround this issue. Hell, there may be guys in that locker room who have no faith in him at all at the beginning.

But here's the thing. When you're good, people have a conveniently short memory. All it takes is one 10-tackle day, 1 big sack, whatever. If he's good, if he's the next great NFL MLB, that will win out every time. If he's good on the field, nobody is going to sit around and say "yeah, but that Catfish thing... nah, I don't want him on this team."

Now, if he can't play? Well then it's a different story. Again, if people have a problem with him on the field, if they think the BCS game was more of a reality and not an exception, that's perfectly valid criticism. Ultimately I just don't think this situation is going to affect him. He'll either be an NFL-caliber player or he won't be.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #305
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I did watch the tape and I am dumbfounded you are coming to the conclusion you did. Considering you are judging the players based on highlight films is pretty telling though.

I never said never missed a tackle, there's no player that has ever played that hasn't missed a tackle. I said doesn't miss tackles, as in is a sure and technically sound tackler. Meaning if he gets to the play, he brings the guy down more often than not. Something Mays, your comparison, does not. Something Teo failed miserably to do against Alabama. A team that LSU was 2 seconds from beating.

Here's a couple additional stats for you. Minter had 3 times the tackles for a loss that Teo did in 2012. Had the same amount of solo tackles, but was in on More plays (due to always being around the ball). Minter also had more sacks, and more passes defensed. Played in the SEC and played against superior competition. Oh yeah, and he's still a junior.
You didn't answer not one question I brought up about Minter. Fish brain?

Considering that you call these videos "highlight films" is pretty telling if you ask me...considering these films show all the plays the players were involved with in the game... the bad AND good plays...and plays that they had nothing to do with. How can you watch the tape and call it a "highlight film"?

I understand what you said...you said he doesn't miss tackles...if you watch the tape he's continuously missed tackles OVER AND OVER and when the game was on the line at the end...he botched completely open tackles. Answer MY points, otherwise you sound illiterate or just defensive over the fact that the tape shows you look like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, Mays does not at the NFL level...but why the hell are you comparing Mays' play at the NFL level to Minter's at the college level? How about you talk about something technical about what they do on the field other than "making tackles"... seriously? Is this the only level of conversation you're capable of?

You keep bringing up Te'o Alabama game and I've said time and time again we obviously all know of the game and what could have been behind it. AND since you only like statistics and nothing to with film, Te'o had a statistically better game that Minter! Yet you still bringing it up, thus telling me you're either a moron with fish memory, or you have nothing else to really say. Because the game tape DOES show that Te'o is SUPERIOR to Minter.

About your stats:

Tackle for loss is indicative of SCHEME for a MLB. Minter blitz's a lot more than Te'o. This is also accounting for more sacks. The fact that you didn't realize this tells me you're an amateur at this material.

Te'o had more PD with 11 compared to Minters 6.

At this point, I'm not even sure what your point is?

Are you attempting to say Minter is a better tackler? You'd have to be dumb to say that too...

Minter hardly ever "wraps up" a tackle... on top of that Minter rarely tackles his defenders BACK/drives through the defender. This is the mark of a physical player (something the whole 49ers defense does)... Te'o drives on almost all his tackles. Just watch the tape, you can tell the difference. You'd have to be damn near retarded/delusional not to see that.

Answer my questions I've brought up, you have not answered nothing to show me Minter is a better player...or answered any questions I've had about Minter.

Maybe because it's so ****ing obvious on film that he's not a better player you've resulted in going full retard.

Last edited by Action; 01-20-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #306
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Wow, I love that video. Wow, such an idiot. What were we thinking?
I dunno, what were we thinking?

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #307
Popps
It's so easy

So I've been unplugged from the soap opera... can someone give me cliffs?

I know the tide is turning towards, "he was a victim and not involved."

Where is it now? What's the general feeling around here? Sure seemed like he was in on it at first look....
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #308
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I dunno, what were we thinking?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #309
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Minter is the kind of guy who takes T'eo's dead girlfriend to dinner and makes her pay. GTFO Action.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #310
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
So I've been unplugged from the soap opera... can someone give me cliffs?

I know the tide is turning towards, "he was a victim and not involved."

Where is it now? What's the general feeling around here? Sure seemed like he was in on it at first look....
The conspiracy gambit has ranged from he was in on it to create a "girlfriend" because he is a closeted homosexual to he was in on it to garner more sympathy and national attention to win the Heisman/increase his profile.

At this point, I've sort of flipped on this one. Initially, I thought he was entirely in on it from the beginning. Now, I'm leaning towards the idea that whether he's a closeted homosexual, or straight, I think the kid is probably devoutly religious and inexperienced around women. He got sucked into a sort of dorky Internet relationship, with no physical or face to face contact. I work in high school education, so I've seen first-hand how socially awkward 17-20 year-olds can be without a mobile device in their hands. He realized it was a scam, but was then too embarrassed to come clean. He and his family quickly decided screw it, might as well completely go with the story since the cancer narrative is already out there. Eventually the dynamite went boom. And he got caught.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #311
Popps
It's so easy

Thanks for the roundup. So much lameness involved.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #312
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
You didn't answer not one question I brought up about Minter. Fish brain?

Considering that you call these videos "highlight films" is pretty telling if you ask me...considering these films show all the plays the players were involved with in the game... the bad AND good plays...and plays that they had nothing to do with. How can you watch the tape and call it a "highlight film"?

I understand what you said...you said he doesn't miss tackles...if you watch the tape he's continuously missed tackles OVER AND OVER and when the game was on the line at the end...he botched completely open tackles. Answer MY points, otherwise you sound illiterate or just defensive over the fact that the tape shows you look like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, Mays does not at the NFL level...but why the hell are you comparing Mays' play at the NFL level to Minter's at the college level? How about you talk about something technical about what they do on the field other than "making tackles"... seriously? Is this the only level of conversation you're capable of?

You keep bringing up Te'o Alabama game and I've said time and time again we obviously all know of the game and what could have been behind it. AND since you only like statistics and nothing to with film, Te'o had a statistically better game that Minter! Yet you still bringing it up, thus telling me you're either a moron with fish memory, or you have nothing else to really say. Because the game tape DOES show that Te'o is SUPERIOR to Minter.

About your stats:

Tackle for loss is indicative of SCHEME for a MLB. Minter blitz's a lot more than Te'o. This is also accounting for more sacks. The fact that you didn't realize this tells me you're an amateur at this material.

Te'o had more PD with 11 compared to Minters 6.

At this point, I'm not even sure what your point is?

Are you attempting to say Minter is a better tackler? You'd have to be dumb to say that too...

Minter hardly ever "wraps up" a tackle... on top of that Minter rarely tackles his defenders BACK/drives through the defender. This is the mark of a physical player (something the whole 49ers defense does)... Te'o drives on almost all his tackles. Just watch the tape, you can tell the difference. You'd have to be damn near retarded/delusional not to see that.

Answer my questions I've brought up, you have not answered nothing to show me Minter is a better player...or answered any questions I've had about Minter.

Maybe because it's so ****ing obvious on film that he's not a better player you've resulted in going full retard.
I'm sorry, the conversation was decent until you proved to be an a-hole. Good luck finding adults that will discuss with you.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #313
g6matty

Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #314
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"It's a little bit mind-boggling to think what did happen, what he did know," Broncos executive vice president John Elway said. "He's going to get asked about it probably 32 times at the Combine. Everyone is going to ask him about it. It's hard for us to understand -- why he wouldn't know?"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...draft/1856695/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #315
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Trouble embedding, from Katie Couric and Deadspin. If I didn't know this was a man, very conceivable that he fooled Mant'i T'eo.

Lennay's first chemotherapy session

Lennay accuses Manti of having a girl in his room

Lennay 9/11/12 voicemail to Manti

Last edited by El Minion; 01-24-2013 at 01:38 PM..
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #316
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...peaks-volumes/

But one brief exchange within the interview has people talking: Couric asked Te’o, “Are you gay?”
Te’o, who up to that point had calmly answered questions suggesting that he’s naive, stupid and a liar, grew emphatic as he insisted that he is heterosexual.
“No, far from it. Far from it,” Te’o said.
The emphasis Te’o placed on being “far from” gay was striking. At other times in the interview, Couric grilled Te’o about being “the most naive person on the planet” involved in a “web of lies,” and Te’o didn’t flinch. But when Couric asked Te’o if he’s gay, Te’o took umbrage. Te’o seemed to be saying, “Katie, you can call me naive, call me stupid, call me a liar. But don’t dare call me gay.”
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #317
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

But one brief exchange within the interview has people talking: Couric asked Te’o, “Are you gay?”
Te’o, who up to that point had calmly answered questions suggesting that he’s naive, stupid and a liar, grew emphatic as he insisted that he is heterosexual.
The emphasis Te’o placed on being “far from” gay was striking. At other times in the interview, Couric grilled Te’o about being “the most naive person on the planet” involved in a “web of lies,” and Te’o didn’t flinch. But when Couric asked Te’o if he’s gay, Te’o took umbrage. Te’o seemed to be saying, “Katie, you can call me naive, call me stupid, call me a liar. But don’t dare call me gay.”
because he is gay
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #318
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

If I was Manti I would have answered: "why yes Katie, I'm an extremely happy guy. I'm well adjusted and generally have a big ole smile on my face, 24/7. Call it happy, call it gay, whatever!" then give her a little wink.

Or, he should have pulled the old drunk Joe Namath routine ala the kissing Suzy Kolber interview. "I just want to kiss you Katie, and cop a feel, yah know? You are one beautiful piece of ass. May I?" lol.

really mess with her lol.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #319
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Gay or not, liar or not, I'd be willing to bet between now and the draft he'll be spotted and photographed in the company of some smoking hot coed for hire. Then he'll pull the "please respect our privacy, LOOK AT US!!!! don't look at us. . . . crap with the media."

Honestly, don't know if the kid is gay or not, but from his interview he doesn't strike me as the brightest star in the sky.

Last edited by razorwire77; 01-25-2013 at 02:13 PM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #320
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Wow, the fact that they took a news story and did the whole thing in computer animation, The Sims style, and threw in an anal beer bong, in computer animation mind you, is proof that Asians are brilliant innovators.
Reggie White approves this post (less the anal beer bong)
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #321
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

This is quality...

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #322
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
From day 1? Probably not. He's going to endure a lot of ball busting. The hazing will probably surround this issue. Hell, there may be guys in that locker room who have no faith in him at all at the beginning.

But here's the thing. When you're good, people have a conveniently short memory. All it takes is one 10-tackle day, 1 big sack, whatever. If he's good, if he's the next great NFL MLB, that will win out every time. If he's good on the field, nobody is going to sit around and say "yeah, but that Catfish thing... nah, I don't want him on this team."

Now, if he can't play? Well then it's a different story. Again, if people have a problem with him on the field, if they think the BCS game was more of a reality and not an exception, that's perfectly valid criticism. Ultimately I just don't think this situation is going to affect him. He'll either be an NFL-caliber player or he won't be.

"90% of this game is half mental."

I don't personally want to gamble the franchise future on betting whether or not Manti Teo is mentally strong enough to play at the pro level. I personally don't think he is. I don't doubt his physical ability, but __(insert any number of great college players here)__ had great physical ability, and couldn't hack the mental part of it.

I'd pick up Manti Teo in the second round if he was there that late. Maybe. But I'd much rather get him on his second contract after we've seen whether he's got the mental toughness for this level.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #323
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
because he is gay
Of course. He's seeing this guy in LA and they got the girl from overseas to help cover. Perhaps him being gay wouldn't be such an issue had he not chosen to go to a religious school. It's also possible that with his apparently very religious upbringing, that hiding this from his PARENTS is ultimately what's going on here.

Either way, he should shut up now while he's still ahead. The more he talks, the more it becomes apparent there's a con going on and he's involved.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #324
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Of course. He's seeing this guy in LA and they got the girl from overseas to help cover. Perhaps him being gay wouldn't be such an issue had he not chosen to go to a religious school. It's also possible that with his apparently very religious upbringing, that hiding this from his PARENTS is ultimately what's going on here.

Either way, he should shut up now while he's still ahead. The more he talks, the more it becomes apparent there's a con going on and he's involved.
I agree with everythiong you sad here on this post only. Lol

It will be very iteresting to see here he goes in the draft now. I thin te first team that will consider taking him is Cincinnati. That is quite a drop.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #325
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
"90% of this game is half mental."

I don't personally want to gamble the franchise future on betting whether or not Manti Teo is mentally strong enough to play at the pro level. I personally don't think he is. I don't doubt his physical ability, but __(insert any number of great college players here)__ had great physical ability, and couldn't hack the mental part of it.

I'd pick up Manti Teo in the second round if he was there that late. Maybe. But I'd much rather get him on his second contract after we've seen whether he's got the mental toughness for this level.
60% of the time he uses his brain every time.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote