The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Default Pro Bowl Voting, many Broncos at top or near top!

Quarterback Peyton Manning leads all vote-getters for the all-star game with 376,981 votes, and therefore is first in line at his position on the AFC squad.

Plenty more Broncos are among the top-five at their respective positions in the AFC, including outside linebackers Von Miller and Wesley Woodyard, who are one and two among AFC vote-getters.

The Broncos also have two wide receivers near the top of AFC voting — Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are currently ranked Nos. 4 and 5 at their position.

Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position, tight end Jacob Tamme is No. 5 at his position, Ryan Clady is No. 3 among AFC tackles, Zane Beadles is the second-highest vote-getter among AFC guards, center Dan Koppen is currently fourth in votes at his position, defensive end Elvis Dumervil ranks second, Champ Bailey is third among AFC cornerbacks, Rahim Moore is the fifth AFC free safety, Matt Prater is the No. 4 kicker, Britton Colquitt is the No. 4 punter, Trindon Holliday is the No. 5 returner and David Bruton is the No. 4 AFC special-teamer.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...ro-bowl-votes/

EDIT: and while you are at it, vote more: http://www.denverbroncos.com/fans/pr...llot-2013.html

Last edited by Conklin; 11-14-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

What about Foneco?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

too bad non of the Broncos wont go to the probowl game since they'll be playing in the superbowl.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Action

Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position

Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
too bad non of the Broncos wont go to the probowl game since they'll be playing in the superbowl.
This is true, however, they still do get the title of being a pro bowl player.

FYI for those who vote, you can just go to the link on the Broncos site and vote Broncos players all the way through and submit your ballet. You don't need to fulfill the total votes necessary... meaning, just click on all Broncos players and submit.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post

great sentiment, less great grammar.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

In for extremely biased voting and DGAF
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
FYI for those who vote, you can just go to the link on the Broncos site and vote Broncos players all the way through and submit your ballet. You don't need to fulfill the total votes necessary... meaning, just click on all Broncos players and submit.
I linked it in the original post
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position

Has there been any discussion on the Mane about why we don't ever have a FB RB set where the RB can follow the FB through a hole? It seems to me like in the last two games we could've used a FB to help force open a gap for the tailback.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Has there been any discussion on the Mane about why we don't ever have a FB RB set where the RB can follow the FB through a hole? It seems to me like in the last two games we could've used a FB to help force open a gap for the tailback.
A big reason that FBs are going out of vogue (obviously spreads are the PRIMARY reason) is that many, many running backs like to choose their hole, but the whole benefit of a fullback comes from running behind and cutting off their block.

But football isn't as "hit this hole" simple as it used to be, and, generally speaking, a RBs vision is superior to a FBs.

If Gronk and McGahee stick around, they can develop that kind of Jones-Drew and Greg Jones chemistry of what each other likes and will do and succeed off of it, but sadly, that's become pretty rare in this day and age.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post
Quarterback Peyton Manning leads all vote-getters for the all-star game with 376,981 votes, and therefore is first in line at his position on the AFC squad.

Plenty more Broncos are among the top-five at their respective positions in the AFC, including outside linebackers Von Miller and Wesley Woodyard, who are one and two among AFC vote-getters.

The Broncos also have two wide receivers near the top of AFC voting — Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are currently ranked Nos. 4 and 5 at their position.

Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position, tight end Jacob Tamme is No. 5 at his position, Ryan Clady is No. 3 among AFC tackles, Zane Beadles is the second-highest vote-getter among AFC guards, center Dan Koppen is currently fourth in votes at his position, defensive end Elvis Dumervil ranks second, Champ Bailey is third among AFC cornerbacks, Rahim Moore is the fifth AFC free safety, Matt Prater is the No. 4 kicker, Britton Colquitt is the No. 4 punter, Trindon Holliday is the No. 5 returner and David Bruton is the No. 4 AFC special-teamer.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...ro-bowl-votes/

EDIT: and while you are at it, vote more: http://www.denverbroncos.com/fans/pr...llot-2013.html
This is why i hate the fan votes. Who's ahead of Clady? He's outperforming them, guaranteed. Champ 3rd is laughable, i would bet a sizable sum of money that Revis is polling above him too. How are 3 kickers above Prater? Guaranteed Adam V is one despite being less than stellar and Janikowski too. Prater has been the best kicker in the AFC this year. Holliday is 5th among returners despite 2 returns in the last two weeks and being current leader in return TDs. Should only trail Jacoby Jones, with them going in as PR and KR.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
A big reason that FBs are going out of vogue (obviously spreads are the PRIMARY reason) is that many, many running backs like to choose their hole, but the whole benefit of a fullback comes from running behind and cutting off their block.

But football isn't as "hit this hole" simple as it used to be, and, generally speaking, a RBs vision is superior to a FBs.

If Gronk and McGahee stick around, they can develop that kind of Jones-Drew and Greg Jones chemistry of what each other likes and will do and succeed off of it, but sadly, that's become pretty rare in this day and age.
49ers are the best running team in football and they use a FB, but it is true that FB's are used less and less.

Broncos are having difficulties running the ball as of late...
Old 11-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Chris Harris and Tony Carter should at least be in the conversation, especially Harris

I think the people who voted for Chris Gronkowski probably meant to vote for his brother in New England
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
This is why i hate the fan votes. Who's ahead of Clady? He's outperforming them, guaranteed. Champ 3rd is laughable, i would bet a sizable sum of money that Revis is polling above him too. How are 3 kickers above Prater? Guaranteed Adam V is one despite being less than stellar and Janikowski too. Prater has been the best kicker in the AFC this year. Holliday is 5th among returners despite 2 returns in the last two weeks and being current leader in return TDs. Should only trail Jacoby Jones, with them going in as PR and KR.
Champ's still great, but he really doesn't deserve to be 3rd in the AFC this year. That's not laughable at all.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Everybody get out and Rock the Vote! Tony Carter should be on there!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I like my fullback,

Signed,
Arian Foster
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #17
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I like my fullback,

Signed,
Arian Foster
They've literally spent their entire careers together...
Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
This is true, however, they still do get the title of being a pro bowl player.

With Gronkowski at #5 for FBs, it seems many are doing just that. I guess some think the name is good enough for the Pro Bowl. With so many Broncos near the top, I am feeling like Yankees' fans where they vote based on the team and not the skill level.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

BTW, is Tebow locking up the Punt Protector vote yet?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #20
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
This
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am super stoked to see Beadles getting some serious love, he was REALLY bad his first years but has turned it around 180 this year and is playing outstanding football. Between him and Clady I would not hesitate to call it the best left side of any offensive line.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #22
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I am super stoked to see Beadles getting some serious love, he was REALLY bad his first years but has turned it around 180 this year and is playing outstanding football. Between him and Clady I would not hesitate to call it the best left side of any offensive line.
Beadles was good last year too.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #23
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't see Joe Mays ... what a crock!
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #24
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I don't see why Manning is getting so many votes - he has had 4 neck surgeries.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #25
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
With Gronkowski at #5 for FBs, it seems many are doing just that. I guess some think the name is good enough for the Pro Bowl. With so many Broncos near the top, I am feeling like Yankees' fans where they vote based on the team and not the skill level.
Are there more than 5 FBs in the afc?

If there are no one knows them.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote