The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
BroncosJazz
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Any other Utah fans?

Hopefully I don't end up leaving this forum with my head on a pike since I'm sure most of you are Nugget fans.

I'm a Bronco fan in Utah and a major Jazz fan as well. Jazz are top 5 in payroll now after signing Millsap...yikes. I expect Boozer to be traded before training camp.
BroncosJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
TerrElway
Pro Bowler

I also, am a Bronco fan in Utah who loves the Jazz but they have me wondering what in the hell they are doing. IS there a plan? Was there ever a proactive plan or was it always "Oksy, we're going to hope Boozer won't opt in..." That's what it seems like. It seems like the FO is reactionary and unprepared. Couldn't swing something for Okafor? San Antonio got R. Jefferson for a song, if he was on the table, why didn't the Jazz nibble? What about Al Jefferson for Boozer?

We'll see what happens but the way they do things around there reminds me more of the Clips and the Twolves rather than the Spurs or even the Nuggets.
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
ABA6776
Rookie

Bronco Fan For Life!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am a Nuggets fan but I have respect for you. One of my biggest problems with the Utah "Jazz" goes back to the old days of the ABA. Many teams move and take their names with them and it makes no sense. For Instance, the Los Angeles Lakers used to be the Minneapolis Lakers....that made sense. Them taking that nickname to Los Angeles does not. In the case of Utah it's happened TWICE! In the American Basketball Association the Los Angeles Stars moved to Utah and kept that nickname (Also won the 1971 ABA Championship) and it made no sense. Then when the New Orleans Jazz moved the name stayed....ridiculous!
ABA6776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

I am a Jazz fan because Jerry Sloan was a Customer (in a previous job) and we became friends (I still talk to him from time to time and have his Cell #-#2 Team is the Nuggets (as far as Basketball is concerned).

When it comes to College Football, I am a Huskers Fan #1, and a Utes Fan #2-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Im a Rockets fan so that means I hate all of you
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I'm also a Bronco fan in Utah, but not a major Jazz fan. I like the Jazz, but I'm a Celtics fan. The Jazz are probably one of the most frustrating teams. Jerry Sloan has done a great job here but hey, it's time to go. His play calling has become stale and the Jazz just play to win a game here or there anymore. Darren Williams is a great player and wasted on a team like the Jazz. I also think Larry Miller was a bad owner. He got mixed up in everything, always opening his mouth and wouldn't pay for the stars. I don't know that his son is far from that.

But I'm a major Utes fan! GO UTES!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
Brisker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA6776 View Post
I am a Nuggets fan but I have respect for you. One of my biggest problems with the Utah "Jazz" goes back to the old days of the ABA. Many teams move and take their names with them and it makes no sense. For Instance, the Los Angeles Lakers used to be the Minneapolis Lakers....that made sense. Them taking that nickname to Los Angeles does not. In the case of Utah it's happened TWICE! In the American Basketball Association the Los Angeles Stars moved to Utah and kept that nickname (Also won the 1971 ABA Championship) and it made no sense. Then when the New Orleans Jazz moved the name stayed....ridiculous!
I agree, pretty stupid!