The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #701
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Updated Standings:

1. A.L. - 13.3
1. JCMElway - 13.3
3. Eddie Mac - 12
4. AZBronco - 11.8
5. Killericon - 10.8
6. GSRelyea - 10.4
7. Runnin' & Gunnin' - 9.2
8. ManGoblin - 8.6
9. Master Pain - 8.3
10. RShack - 7
11. VanceJohnson82 - 6.4
12. BobHorry - 6.2
13. phibacka - 4.8
14. Freak 6 - 4.8
15. YouCandoit - 2.8
16. Ludo - 1.2
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #702
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Master Pain's Evil Counsel

Starting 5:
PF - Dan Issel- HOFer, 7 time AS, ABA ROY 22/9 pg
SF - Dominique Wilkins HOFer, 50 greatest, 9 time AS
C - Artis Gilmore 11 time AS, 5 time all defensive team, 5 time ABA 1st team, #1 Alltime defensive rebounds, #4 Alltime in blocks
SG - Reggie Miller- FHOFer, 5 time Allstar, Best 3 point Shooter in NBA history
PG - Magic Johnson- HOFer, 12 time AS, 9 time NBA 1st team, 5 time NBA Champion, #1 alltime in apg, 3 time finals MVP

Bench:
G: Eddie Jones- 3 time AS, 3 time 2nd team all defensive team, 7th alltime in 3pt made
G: Fat Lever- 46 Career triple doubles, one of 3 players with a 15/15/15 game in the playoffs, 2 time AS (while playing in the same division as Stockton and Magic), 2nd team all defensive, top 20 in career steals, #8 alltime in steals pg, was the 80s version of Jason Kidd
F: Glen Rice- 3 Time AS, WC in 2000, 4th alltime in 3pt made,
F: David Thompson- HOFer, 5 time AS, 2 time NBA 1st teamer, ROY
F/C: Larry Nance- 3 time AS, 3 time NBA 1st/2nd Defensive team, top 20 all time in Blocks, 17/8 career averages
F/C: Otis Thorpe- 1 time AS, 20/10 player in his prime, WC with Rockets,
C: Tom Chambers- 4 time AS, 2 time all NBA 2nd team

COACH: Red Holzman HOFer, 2 time NBA champion, COY, Voted to the top 10 NBA coaches of all-time,
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 PM   #703
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

I tried to build a team that was very versatile and could adapt to any playing style. I primarily looked at players with the ability to play D along with score and threw in a few specialty guys. Alot of my guys can play multiple positions also.

With the starting 5 I have two big men who were good defenders and great scorers from either in the paint or outside. At the point GP could get into the paint, post up the PG's which were smaller (Nash's, Stockton's, AI's, Cousy's), and also shoot 3's. His ability to play defense is great and arguably the best defensive pg's of all time. At the SF and SG the starters aren't set in stone and could be swapped out according to oppenent's playing style and matchups. I could switch Mullen out with Sloan, Moncrief for Richmond for Defense, or Webber if going to a big lineup. Richmond was a very underrated Defender and was a great scorer who talents went to waste, but Moncrief would challenge him for the starting spot and they would probably log about the same amount of minutes. If needed to run the ball I could insert the RUN T-M-C with Webber for a reunion tour. Didn't plan on that but somehow that's how the pieces fell into place. If I need 3's I could have a lineup with Malone, Schrempf, Mullin, GP, Richmond. I wanted 3 big men for the foul troubles against the Wilt, shaq, Hakeem, etc.

Starting 5:

C - David Robinson-NBA MVP, ROY, NBA DPOY, 10 time Allstar, 4 time all defensive team 1st and 2nd team(8 total). All NBA 1st team 4 times, 2nd team2 times, 3rd team 4 times.

PF - Karl Malone- 2 time MVP, 11 All NBA 1st teams(2 second teams), 4 time all defensive team (3 1st, 2nd), 14 time allstar, #2 all time scorer.

SF - Chris Mullin- 5 time Allstar, 4 time all NBA

SG - Mitch Richmond-6 time allstar, 9th alltime 3pts made, ROY, 21 ppg first 10 years

PG - Gary Payton-9time Allstar, 9 time all NBA, 9 time all defensive team, DPOY, Only player with 20,000 pts 5000 RB, 8000 assits, 2000 steals

Bench:
G: Tim Hardaway-5 time allstar, 3 time ALL NBA, 7th player to avg 2

G: Sidney Moncrief-Two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year, Four-time All-NBA First Team, Five-time NBA All-Defensive Team, Five-time All-Star

G/F: Jerry Sloan-Two time allstar, 6 all Defensive teams, 14 ppg 7 rpg 2.5 spg

G/F: Detlef Schrempf-3time allstar, all nba once, 2 time 6 man of year

F/C: Chris Webber-ROY, 5 time all NBA, 4 time Allstar

C/F: Ralph Sampson-3 time allstar, ROY

C: Dwight Howard-Allstar, All NBA, 15 ppg 11 rpg

COACH: Rudy Tomjonavich-2 titles, Famous punch landed on him.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:30 AM   #704
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Very nice analysis AZ. I put you in my top five teams without a doubt. Very nice squad.

However, I don't know if I'd brag about your coach getting punched and nearly decaffinated. That's not too impressive. (Matter of fact, I'd leave that info off the record altogether.)
Old 09-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #705
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

TEAM CHAOS

My goal was to put a team on the floor that would compete in this recreational tournament like it was the 7th game of the NBA finals. Tough, defensive minded with guys that can get hot and carry the load offensively at any point in time. On the defensive side of the ball our goal is to rough you up and impose our will on you....legally or illegally. If there are 6 fouls to give per player every guy's intent is to give up 5....and make them meaningful.

PG Isiah Thomas: ABSOLUTE BEAST of a competitor. Probably the best way to put his guts into words is using the example of the 1987 Finals when he left the game in the 3rd quarter with a badly sprained ankle...this guy comes back in the fourth, hobbled and puts up 26, limping the entire time. Never afraid to get in someone's face...temmate or opponent

TWO NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS (one FINALS MVP)...3 NBA ALL-FIRST TEAM...12 TIME ALL-STAR...FINISHED with 9.7 APG and 19.7 PPG

SG GEORGE GERVIN: Gervin is my scoring machine...not to say he couldn't play any defense but he is my scoring rock. Guy shot .511 in his career....511!!!!! He was a 9 time NBA All-Star...and a 5 time NBA First Teamer

ONLY WILT AND JORDAN HAD MORE SCORING TITLES THAN GERVIN...pLUS HE WON 4 TITLES AND WON 3 IN A ROW!!!

CENTER ALONZO MOURNING -- Perhaps a bit of a reach in Round 3 but I wanted a 7 footer who could play defense and keep up the intensity of the team...Two time Defensive Player of the Year and a 7 time All-Star..known for his intensity and defense but the center scored over 17 PPG in his career...recorded 327 DOUBLE DOUBLES

SF BERNARD KING -- Would have been a first ballot hall of fame lock if it wasn't for a knee injury...was NBA first team twice ('84, '85) in the peak of his career. He averaged over 22 points per game for his career. From '81 to '85 he was one of the most dominant scorers playing in one of the toughest areas (Tri-State/NYC)...Named comeback player of the year in 1981...posted three 50+ games in the 84-85 campaign and had one where he poured in 60....In '91, yes ten years after he was comeback player of the year, he finished 3rd in scoring behind Jordan and Malone...

PF DENNIS RODMAN - THE WORM!!! He will be the rebounding machine on this squad....with all the scoring going on, Mourning and Rodman will be free to hit the boards and play solid defense....

LED LEAGUE IN REBOUNDING FOR 7 STRAIGHT SEASONS
5 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS
2 TIME DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
NBA ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM 7 TIMES

BENCH

Grant Hill - injuries killed his HOF career
MAURICE LUCAS - YAHOO! this guy....intense competitor
RON ARTEST - 3 time all Defensive 1st Team, career 15.4 PPG
WORLD B. FREE - 44 inch vertical, 30.8 PPG (1980)
EMEKA OKAFOR - outstanding defensive player, force down low
MUGGSY BOGUES - assist machine...pesky defense
JOHN STARKS - one Defensive First Team, one Sixth man Award

COACH : PAUL SILAS : THE ONLY GUY THAT WOULD TAKE THE JOB!!!
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:26 AM   #706
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

I'll have Bobhorry rate the teams soon.....
Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #707
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

So....I guess we are pretty much done with this thing huh?
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:10 AM   #708
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

I guess it is done, unless someone else comes in and rates a team. Good times, tho'.

Final standings:

1. A.L. - 13.3
1. JCMElway - 13.3
3. Eddie Mac - 12
4. AZBronco - 11.8
5. Killericon - 10.8
6. GSRelyea - 10.4
7. Runnin' & Gunnin' - 9.2
8. ManGoblin - 8.6
9. Master Pain - 8.3
10. RShack - 7
11. VanceJohnson82 - 6.4