The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,818
Default Tebow The Politician

It struck me this morning that Tebow is positioning himself for a career in politics. The squeeky clean image, the reputation that has raced far ahead of his accomplishments on the field, etc. The guy is a demigod in the SE, and could probably be elected Governor in Florida right now if not for age restrictions. Football is a stepping stone and a platform for him to get his word out, little more. I wonder how important it really is to him beyond his initial enrichment and spreading his fame. Kind of scary, really. Tebow for president? Yikes.

Last edited by bombay; 02-11-2012 at 02:52 PM..
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
It struck me this morning that Tebow is positioning himself for a career in politics. The squeeky clean image, the reputation that has raced far ahead of his accomplishments on the field, etc. The guy is a demigod in the SE, and could probably be elected Governor in Florida right now if not for age restrictions. Football is a stepping stone and a platform for him to get his word out, little more. I wonder how important it really is to him beyond his initial enrichment and spreading his fame. Kind of scary, really. Tebow for president? Yikes.
maybe governor. but never president. He was born in the phillipines.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
maybe governor. but never president. He was born in the phillipines.
to american citizens that were missionaries..

Hell it did not stop obama with out those qualifications..

As for Tebow I'd guess it is not polotics but Gods work he has in mind....
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
to american citizens that were missionaries..
Hell it did not stop obama with out those qualifications..

As for Tebow I'd guess it is not polotics but Gods work he has in mind....
obama was born in the USA.

Last edited by peacepipe; 02-11-2012 at 03:05 PM..
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
obama was born in the USA.
Are you really sure?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

Hell it did not stop obama with out those qualifications..
..
what a choad .............
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
what a choad .............
if it was not for morons like yourself this would be a great place to spend time at..

Small minded morons.. that is what is Hilarious
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
if it was not for morons like yourself this would be a great place to spend time at..

Small minded morons.. that is what is Hilarious
you are a freaking birther ....... no different then a 9-11 toofer , that makes you a choad dude ...... good thing your in Texas , the rocky mountain region has enough idiots .....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #9
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
if it was not for morons like yourself this would be a great place to spend time at..

Small minded morons.. that is what is Hilarious
Small minded morons....beware that we see in others what we hate in ourselves. Just sayin.....
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
to american citizens that were missionaries..

Hell it did not stop obama with out those qualifications..

As for Tebow I'd guess it is not polotics but Gods work he has in mind....
Where's his Birth Certificate?


Bur seriously me thinks he's got bigger things in his future than a stupid politician. He's already building a Hospital.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
maybe governor. but never president. He was born in the phillipines.
Aren't both of his parents US citizens? I don't think place of birth matters if that is the case. There would be plenty of military children excluded if that were so.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Aren't both of his parents US citizens? I don't think place of birth matters if that is the case. There would be plenty of military children excluded if that were so.
actually they can be considered citizens if the parents spent a certain amt of time in the US after his birth.

correction I was off base on this one it depends on how long the parents were in the US prior to his birth.

Last edited by peacepipe; 02-11-2012 at 03:10 PM..
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

He's not smart enough or enough of a douchebag.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #14
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He's not smart enough or enough of a douchebag.
George Bush ring a bell?
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
George Bush ring a bell?
hence the reason not to make the same mistake twice. or a third.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
hence the reason not to make the same mistake twice. or a third.
I think you're overestimating the intelligence of the average American.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He's not smart enough or enough of a douchebag.
This, great guy but no genius.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #18
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,894

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He's not smart enough or enough of a douchebag.
This.

If anything, politicians are smart douchebags.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,818
Default

At any rate, does anyone really know much of what he thinks about anything? He couches his answers very carefully in interviews. The Tebot comes out and answers for him. We all know the positions he's made public, but very little else.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #20
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
At any rate, does anyone really know much of what he thinks about anything? He couches his answers very carefully in interviews. The Tebot comes out and answers for him. We all know the positions he's made public, but very little else.
Another Jack Kemp ?
I thought Elway would be a politician .......But it is clear Elway loves the game and doesnt want to leave it
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
KO5K
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
At any rate, does anyone really know much of what he thinks about anything? He couches his answers very carefully in interviews. The Tebot comes out and answers for him. We all know the positions he's made public, but very little else.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/t...141439019.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #22
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,306
Default

Good Grief this bullshyt is beyond ridiculous around here
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #23
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default

ever notice that the Tebow haters invariably belong to either or both of these groups?

1) atheists and Jesus-haters
2) far left moonbats, progressives/socialists, marxists, communists, and America haters
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #24
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
ever notice that the Tebow haters invariably belong to either or both of these groups?

1) atheists and Jesus-haters
2) far left moonbats, progressives/socialists, marxists, communists, and America haters
as opposed to the religous rightwing nut job fascists who blindly follow him.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackpipe View Post
as opposed to the religous rightwing nut job fascists who blindly follow him.
^^^^^

i hope everybody reads this. in a single sentence, you've spoken volumes about what a rotten, ****ty person you are. rotten. without a soul. filled with bile and ignorance.

i mean this as sincerely as possible. i hope our paths never cross.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Denver Broncos