Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco
I'm not quite sure how to feel about this. Callahan is in his 3rd year and We play both National Championship teams, so why does Pederson feel the need to start us out against the JV football teams of the NCAA.
Last season, this stuff made sense, but there is really no excuse for this stuff this year.
I found this list of other Big XII teams that are playing I-AA teams next year
I. Division I-AA opponents for Big 12 teams: 2006
1) Texas home game: Sam Houston State (3-7 in ’05; #163 on the final Sagarin poll)
2) Texas Tech home game: Southeastern Louisiana (4-6; #158)
3) Colorado home game: Montana State (7-4; #118)
4) Missouri home game: Murray State (2-9; #210)
5) Texas A&M home game: The Citadel (4-7; #173)
6) Baylor home game: Northwestern State (5-5; #138)
7) Kansas State home game: Illinois State (7-4; #89)
8) Iowa State home game: Northern Iowa (11-4; #87)
9) Nebraska home game: Nicholls State (6-4; #112)
Yeah, I'd like to see a better opponent, but if you wait until this late to schedule you can't expect much.